We thought it would be a good exercise in thrift and also a chance to flex our crafty muscles and decided to make our own family Christmas cards this year.

And of course the end product ended up costing more if we had just bought them outright as we usually do.

But at least we have plenty of leftover supplies so we can make more for next year. I figure we’ll break even… eventually.

However I really enjoyed illustrating for a small, time-restricted, product focused project. I changed up my current drawing style and finally completed a full project using Clip Studio Paint.



I am still learning how to deal with tone patterns for gray scale printing, and after struggling with how to remove moire effects, I ended up giving up and just going with a water color-style effect instead. I was quite happy with our end results.



Tomorrow I’ll be sharing the other crafty gift projects I completed for the holidays.

So another day of blogging done!

Comments are closed.